Monday, March 9, 2009

The praprapra fest

Saturday, 7 March 2009

Beep..beep..beep… I was annoyed by the stupid tone coming from my mobile phone last Saturday morning. So I checked it out. New appointment: - praprapra fest, 1400 hours. I bet you’re wondering what the heck is a praprapra fest (man that’s a mouthful to say, haha), well it’s a rap festival and my friend, Farid was performing. I call it the praprapra fest coz to me, rap is just like people mumbling with background music. Haha. Please don’t kill me for this fellow rappers….


To be honest, I’m not really into rap or hip hop culture. I went there just to support Farid and play with kucai’s sony alpha dslr camera.


Anyway, I arrived at Lemmoraz studio at 1357 hours (3 minutes early, nice), and I looked for nabila and farid. Couldn’t find them, so I called nabila, she told me that she’s at waterfront with farid. So I went there, and my oh my, it was so hot at that time. Curses to industrialization for causing global warming. One by one, our lads started to appear, kucai, trah and lastly, aria. Man, we waited for aria for ages. Apparently, she was stuck in a traffic jam. Cant blame her for that, so I blamed the poor traffic system in Kuching.


Ok, cut the crap short, the performance started at about 1500hours. Approximately an hour delay. Yup, 1 hour / 60 minutes / 3600 seconds. I can prepare a plan to burn stansfield to hell with that amount of time. When all system go, and dudes with baggy shirts started to mumble on stage, its time for me to get into action. I found a nice spot in front to get a good angle to take photos. Unfortunately, there was this bozo who kept on dancing like maniac right beside me. Sigh...I assumed that he was drunk because he didn’t care about people around him. He just dance and dance as if he’s going to die the next morning.


The performance was held in a studio room about the same size as a standard classroom at school. And there was no window. It was so hot in that room until I was sweating like pigs left in Sahara. Well, not literally though, but I think you get the picture on how hot it was in that room. And the air in there was so humid till I bet it would only take minutes to destroy a Leonardo Da Vinci’s manuscript if it was to be left in there. Well I guess that’s why you don’t see people gathering for concerts in the secret library in Vatican. If not, sigh, say goodbye to manuscripts dating back from the renaissance era.


Ok, verdict: Im quite impressed with the performance. However, the place is so hot. Thumbs down for that. And for the sony alpha dslr, I like the liveview technology. Quite helpful when taking photos at ridiculous angles since you can tilt the screen. But, I still prefer using nikkon because Im quite familiar with it. Sorry kucai.


Tara.

1 comment: